Another thing we love about our job is the office location. CISV Norway shares work space in Fredshuset together with seven other peace organizations:
- Norwegian Peace Council (Norges Fredsråd)
- Nei til Atomvåpen
- Likestilling-, integrering, og mangfoldsnettverket (LIM)
- Peace Brigades International (PBI)
- The Norwegian Peace Association (Norges Fredslag)
- Nansen Center for Peace and Dialogue (Nansen Fredssenter)
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (ICAN)
Situated on the 7th floor, in the heart of Oslo, The Peace House is an inspiring work place where employees and volunteers share ideas and experience. In addition to having lunch on the roof (when Norwegian weather allows it, of course), followed by the mandatory (very Norwegian) quiz of the day, there are various events taking place here – seminars, meetings, visits and ‘faglunsj’ (lunch lectures).
One of these faglunj took place last Wednesday, a Norwegian journalist and book author (Eirik Vold) came to Fredshuset and talked about his latest book and offered to answer any question. The theme was whistleblowers (like Edward Snowden) and new international diplomatic structures. The discussion was very interesting and we managed to understand most of it - though it was in Norwegian 🙂
If you have any more questions or want to know more about Fredshuset, you can contact us or find more information here.